My first game almost ready for launch.
There's some pre-release problem noticed:
1) menu is 10mb in live bytes. thats all right.
2) when main manu closing the memory beeing freed (to 1mb) and then game world is loading.
3) during the load live bytes grow to 20mb for 1 second.
4) after that it drops to 10mb and staying at that leve; for the whole gameplay.
5) every level restart points 3 and 4 happen again.
I don't have any leaks aside OpenAL (AddPlaybackMessage) and UIKIT (Leaderboards). Guess that's not mine.
So. I've opened profiler and after few attempts got this:
a huge texture alloc for 16mb.
during the gameplay it looks like that:
ok. now what I have.
using media class for atlases. never load anything two times if it can be done once.
I have 6 atlases. My Media class adoption searches for textures among all of them.
biggest atlas is 2048x2048.
So I wonder. Does this look like my prob with textures or it might be something else? Maybe I just need to know more precise how sparrow works with textures.
does it release textures from atlas if it wasn't used during the gameplay? Because not everything from that texture arrays is being used at every moment of time.